RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST - DUKE RALEIGH HOSPITAL - 11:00AM-7:30PMJob ID 201171 Date Posted 07/07/2022
Duke Raleigh Hospital offers the latest in care and technology in a patient-friendly setting. It has been an important part of Duke Health since 1998 and has served Wake County for more than 35 years, employing more than 2,000 teammembers. The hospital provides 186 inpatient beds and a comprehensive array of services, including the Duke Raleigh Cancer Center, Duke Raleigh Orthopedic and Spine Center, cardiovascular services, neurosciences including the Duke Raleigh Skull Base and Cerebrovascular Center, advanced digestive care, disease management and prevention, wound healing, outpatient imaging, intensive and progressive care, pain clinic, same-day surgery, emergency department and community outreach and education programs.
U.S.News & World Report ranked Duke Raleigh Hospital as high performing in orthopaedics and five adult procedures/conditions: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart failure, kidney failure, lung cancer surgery, and stroke.
This position is eligible for a Sign-on bonus!!!!
General Description of the Job Class
Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating radiographic equipment and making radiographs of designated anatomical areas of interest.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Perform a variety of tasks involved in operating x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated anatomical areas of interest. Adjust equipment for proper radiographic exposure techniques in accordance with radiation safety guidelines.
- Explain x-ray procedures to patients.
- Position patients for each anatomical view using positioning assistance devices and protective equipment as necessary.
- Monitor accessory equipment and assist the physician with fluoroscopic procedures and special radiographic procedures.
- Accurately process images for optimal quality. Match with appropriate paperwork for interpretation.
- Charge radiographic procedures in; able to modify orders per protocol. Demonstrate acceptable film quality standards by critiquing positioning, technical factors, and collimation.
- Understands and uses the Image Archival System
- Provide education and training to DUHS affiliated radiology technology programs.
- Provide orientation to new technologists.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work herein
**DUHS offers career growth and enrichment within imaging services. There is a clinical ladder program with various steps and opportunities at each hospital within the health system.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Completion of an AMA approved School of Radiology Technology
Must obtain ARRT certification within one year of employment.
Minimum of two years' experience as a diagnostic radiology technologist.
A minimum of 4 years' experience within specialty modality in which they are seeking promotion
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
"Nourishing our community and building a healthy community is part of our vision as an organization and that is absolutely supported in our day-to-day."Lisa, Assistant Director of Nutritional Services
"Duke Raleigh Hospital is a really tight-knit work family. We check on each other when we’re not here, we do things outside of work. It’s an extension of my family."Ashley, Respiratory Therapist
"I enjoy the generous PTO package."Lillian, Environmental Services